Our caravan is presently in storage and the storage company retain a set of keys.
As we like to tour with two sets of keys, I managed to purchase an extra set of caravan keys, Alko wheel lock key and a new Sargent AS310 key fob. It’s taken a while for me to sort out the keyfob but I finally got around to calling Sargent today and they told me what to do.
It’s as follows:
- Remove the two screws on top of the Alarm control unit
- Remove the horizontal bolt
- Move the battery out of the way
- On the circuit board is a micro-switch. Press this once and release. It doesn’t need to be held pressed as this likely resets other things
- The blue light is illuminated and at that point, press the Alarm On / Off button on the key fob. The blue light flashes and the new fob is now paired.
- Apparently there is a maximum of 4 keyfobs which can be paired at any one time.
The hardest part was locating the tiny learn button. In the end I phographed the circuit board and zoomed-in. You can do the same on the attached image below. Just click on the image itself for a full size photo.